What you need:
Raw apples (we've discovered that sweeter, older apples actually taste and work better as chips!)
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees (fan bake if you have it)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Slice the apples (core and all) into thin pieces using a mandolin grater or regular vegetable peeler
- Spread apple out on the tray making sure they don't overlap
- Bake for 1 hour (if you don't have fan bake or your apples are particularly juicy you may have to bake them for longer. Having said this, they don't get really nice and crispy until they have cooled off so be patient!).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes
- Either store in an air tight container or eat right away!
I have been putting them into little bags to take with us as snacks and they've been a big hit. I imagine they would also make great cake toppers.